Monday, June 22, 2009

Day In and Day Out at Cliff End

Really enjoying my time here with my family. There's two sets of twins and a
spare, though two, the oldest (one of the boys and the middle girl) are long gone, Elanor in Ireland and her brother with an engineering firm
in the North. That leaves lots of room for Uncle B to ramble about the house, gardens and fields generally making a nuisance of himself. While I am not much of a horse person, round here the beasts pay the bills, so as soon as I am allowed much physical exercise, I'll pitch in a bit. It's a working farm, primarily raising horses and what horses eat, so on the whole it's up early, lots to do and eat, and bed somewhat early, though there are several full time hands here as well that help spread the work round.

Been warmish here, in the upper 60's and I've enjoyed being out and getting quite a bit of tan. No rain for a few days, which is good for everyone getting in the end of their hay, but I hear that's to change this week.

A few more views of Cliff End, the garden (for
Little John!) and the view from my room for the next few days or so.

On the medical front, it's much the same; I feel quite well, except when I try to bend over too much, or get up quickly. But, I am eating real food, and have just finished a great (though small) dinner with friends here in Ashford. Will be able to drive sometime this week. Still no news of when I'll be kicked out of the Country, though I will have another blood test the end of this week, and see the veterinarian on Friday, for his I hope, final opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Farm....the Captain calls it a farm....
    Obviously in the Kingdom ( or should I say the Queendom) they do speak a different language!
    Hummmm the look of it, and in my world that is, that is called a manor, a castle, an estate. Gee Is there a (French of course!) gardener on staff there? (Is this LES JARDINS DU ROI in Versailles or what?) as well as a decorator?
    :)

    Oh yeah now I get why you went to England to rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a little more relaxing and peaceful than St. Louis, not by much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting how your perspective has changed on summer temps, Captain. Mid-60's warm?? Relax and enjoy while you can, my friend. Rumor has it the heat index here was 108 today!

    ReplyDelete